Things I did on Day One:
- Went to Pike Place Market. It was very crowded and full of life. I found a secluded spot on a balcony nearby and watched the Ferris wheel for a while. A man came over and played his accordion for me. He played a song I knew--an oldie--but I can't think of the name. (Edit: Just watched the video I took and it was "Yesterday" by The Beatles. How could I have forgotten that?)
- A vendor let me sample an apple. I don't know what kind it was, but it was the best apple I've ever had.
- Went to Olympic Sculpture Park. It was free, which is my favorite price.
- Purchased my first Seattle cup of coffee. It was some sort of orange and chocolate blend. I just told them to make whatever because my knowledge of coffee is lacking. They probably hated me, but the coffee was great.
- Walked by the waterfront and sat on a pier.
- Went to the Daiso downtown. That was my favorite store in San Francisco and I've missed it like crazy. This one was significantly smaller, but I'm gonna go to the one in Chinatown tomorrow, which I've heard is larger. But I still picked up an adorable holder for my bus card, two sheet masks I haven't tried before, and a bunny key cover.
- Walked around downtown, did some shopping, and walked back to the place I'm staying in Capitol Hill.
There are a few types of trees here that aren't in Arkansas, in particular those evergreen ones that always look like they're drooping or wet. I really like them. The evergreens in Arkansas are way too perky. You might say they're a little too spruced up. (I had to.)
It rained at one point, even though the sun was shining, but nobody seemed to notice.
Also, as I was walking back to my place, a viewer stopped me and asked for a photo. We talked for a bit and I might go out with him and his friends tomorrow night.
Today was mainly full of touristy-type things. Hopefully I'll be going off the beaten path soon and exploring more. I've been mainly taking video so I can edit together something for YouTube eventually, but I did snag a few photos.
|A very Seattle photo I took with my phone to send to my family and BFF.|
(Would also make a great advertisement for that ferry company.)
|The Ferris wheel. Taken near where the man was who played the|
accordion for me.
|A sculpture thing and the Space Needle, which I haven't been to yet.|
This photo is unedited and I can't get over the sky color.
|The desk I'm blogging from. This is my Chromebook, but I also brought|
my heavy duty gaming and editing laptop, so hopefully gaming vids
will still be happening. This one looks funny with my gaming mouse
hooked up to it. And yes, that's a juice box.
I've decided the theme of this trip is Tiffany (from Girls' Generation) singing, "I'm going to find my heart," over and over and over again. (If you're a SONE, you'll know. But it's at 1:13 in this video.) That part is now also my ringtone just so I can be reminded.